Albert Bradbeer Coffee Mornings
2019 – 2020
The information below provides you with dates and times of coffee mornings here at Albert Bradbeer Primary. You will also see a list of topics that we will be discussing.
School Attendance – Attend to achieve - Friday 8th November 2019, 9am onwards
- School Attendance is of great importance to all children and young people. We will be discussing this in detail, focusing on the positive aspects of good school attendance, what we currently do in school to encourage excellent attendance and the pitfalls for children and their parents if they do not attend school.
Anti-bullying week – Supporting your children - Friday 15th November 2019, 9am onwards
- Anti-Bullying - Small change. Big difference. Whether it is verbal, physical, online or in-person, bullying has a significant impact on a child’s life well in to adulthood. By making small, simple changes, we can break this cycle and create a safe environment for everyone. Because together, we can challenge bullying. Change starts with a conversation. It starts with checking in. It starts with work together.
Learning to love reading with your children - Friday 22nd November 2019, 9am onwards
- Learning to love reading with your children - reading helps children improve vocabulary, communication and grammar skills. It ultimately improves their writing skills as well. It is important to start at a young age and teach your child the value of reading so they will grow to practice it often and value their ability to do so.
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing - Friday 29th November 2019, 9am onwards
- Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing is a subject that many people find difficult to discuss. In England, 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (such as anxiety and depression) in any given week. Other worries about money, jobs and benefits can make it harder for people to cope. This will be an open discussion to discuss mental health and emotional wellbeing
Moan and Groan - Friday 6th December 2019, 9am onwards
- Moan and Groan will give parents the opportunity to moan and groan about anything they like. School, home, Aston Villa already on the cusp of relegation.
Memory Games - Friday 13th December 2019, 9am onwards
- Memory games – This Friday we will learn a little about our memory and what can help us remember information. In school the children are developing methods for quicker thinking and trying lots of techniques to make their memory more effective. Have a go at the verbal and visual memory test with your children.
Fun and Games - Thursday 19th December 2019, 9am onwards
- Fun and games is what everyone loves. In the car, on the bus, at home or just out and about, you can engage your children with fun games and activities that can help broaden their knowledge. Come along to our games coffee morning to have some fun, play some games and be inspired